Friday 31 January 2014

Nigeria2015: Atiku in Ibadan to “consult” Governor Ajimobi



A former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, visited the Oyo State Governor, Abiola Ajimobi, in Ibadan on Thursday to seek the governor’s view on the former’s proposed move to join the All Progressives Congress, APC.
Atiku, who was a presidential aspirant under the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, during the run-up to the 2011 general elections, recently declared his resolve to consult widely before deciding on the attempt by the APC leadership to woo him to their fold.
He told the governor that he was in the state to continue his nation-wide consultations with stakeholders on his political ambition.
The former number two Nigerian also relived his days as a customs officer in Ibadan, saying that the experience formed part of the high point of his life.
“Any time I’m in Ibadan, I always recall my happiest days as a civil servant of 30 years. I always feel like it is a home-coming anytime I am here. It was from Ibadan here that I was catapulted three or four times on my ranks to become a deputy head of Customs. I have quite a number of memories. I remember it was in Ibadan here when the late Gen. Murtala Mohammed was assassinated. Because I had the same work ethics with Gen. Mohammed, I was always referred to as Murtala Mohammed. So, each time I come to Ibadan, this historic and great city, I always come back with a lot of memories,” he said.
Mr. Abubakar also commended Mr. Ajimobi for the facelift Ibadan had received since the governor came to office.
In his response, Mr. Ajimobi commended the former Vice President for the visit, describing him as a broad-based, patriotic and consummate politician with impeccable character and humble disposition. He prayed that Mr. Atiku’s consultation would result in the consummation of a relationship between the former vice president and the APC.
Download National Dialogue Committee's Reports (in PDF)
Get breaking news on BBM - add our PIN - 232FC0E9
Follow on Twitter to receive updates every hour
Don't miss the next news item - LIKE our Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment