Saturday 26 April 2014

I won’t return to PDP, Amaechi insists

Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi
Rotimi Amaechi


Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, on Friday, vowed never to return to the Peoples Democratic Party, saying he has finished with the ruling party.

Amaechi disclosed that though some members of the PDP had approached him to come back to the party his decision to leave the party had not changed.

The governor, who spoke at the Port Harcourt World Book Capital programme, was not definite when asked if a return of the Soku oil wells to the state would make him go back to his former party.

The supervising Minister of Education, Chief Nyesom Wike, had during a PDP programme in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Area of the state said that the governor and his supporters were planning to return to the PDP through the backdoor.

Amaechi, who is currently the leader of the All Progressives Congress in Rivers State, said the PDP would embark on a dance party if he decided to return to the party.

He said, “I am not returning to the PDP. That man (Wike); they should check that man whether he is okay. I have finished with the PDP; I have told them. I made a promise that if they return the Kalabari oil wells, we will see how it goes, but until that happens.

“They have approached me and if they want, I will call the names of those that approached me, but that is not an issue.

“If I am progressive, it must be seen in the type of life I live; in what I do and how I relate with people; the type of governance. We introduced popular free education, gave laptops to children to take home. There are so many things we are doing that are contrary to the ideologies of the PDP, but they are wonderful men and women.”

“I said people should ignore him (Wike). Are you sure that if I tell PDP that I am coming back in 10 days, they will not throw a dance party here? When you are a President, a governor, or a minister; what you say must be factual; you can’t be part of gossip.”
Access and attempt UTME Past Questions Online in CBT format - Earn up to N10,000 when you refer 50 candidates to our portal
Download National Common Entrance Examination Past Questions and Answers
Download unlimited e-books in various disciplines for FREE
Get Breaking News on BBM - add our PIN - 232FC0E9
Follow on Twitter to receive updates every hour
Don't miss the next news item - LIKE our Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment