Thursday 1 May 2014

Murtala's Son, Abba, Joins PDP

President Jonathan honouring Late Gen. Murtala Mohammed @ Nigeria Centenary Award. His son, Risqua


















The son of the late military Head of State, General Murtala Mohammed, Alhaji Abba Risqua Muhammed, yesterday confirmed his quest to play active role in politics in 2015.

Abba, who is an investment expert, said he was moved to “contribute his quota to the evolution of the Nigerian political development.” Muhammad, who served in the President Olusegun Obasanjo administration between 1999 to May 29, 2007, was one of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) top members who received President Goodluck Jonathan at the last rally in Kano.

He told THISDAY in an interview in Kano yesterday that “I have worked in an Asset Management Company and a petroleum company for a number of years, after which I worked with the then president, Olusegun Obasanjo, as Special Assistant on International Relations, and Privatisations.

“I was with President Obasanjo for seven years, and when he left office, I retunrned to the company where I was working before I was appointed as a government aide. And that is what I have been doing since.

“In 2003, while, I was working for President Obasanjo, I also ran for the House of Representatives, position for Kano Municipal Federal Constituency, I will not say I ran, I think is better to say I participated.” Muhammed said his presence at the Kano rally was because of his love for the party, and as an active member of the party that wants it to succeed in the coming elections.

“I have been a card-carrying member of the PDP since the year 2000. PDP is my party, and I am hopeful that the party would continue to rule the country.


On what informed his choice of the PDP, Abba said: “Honestly I think my joining the PDP is based more on sentiments than ideology because it started when President Obasanjo asked me to come and join the party, and historically most of the people that worked with my late father were either the founding fathers of the party or members of the party, such General Ibrahim Babangida, General T.Y. Danjuma, General Aliyu Gausu, the Yar’Adua PDM dynasty, so I found myself in PDP.”

Abba recounted that although PDP does not represent an ideal party at the moment, the country was still a young democracy, and the party and the country are still evolving and would get better.

He said that in past 14 and a half years since the present democratic dispensation in the country started, the various tiers of government had recorded various level of achievements.

Access and attempt UTME Past Questions Online in CBT format - Earn up to N10,000 when you refer 50 candidates to our portal - visit www.utme.assure.com.ng

No comments:

Post a Comment